Despite the current worldwide pandemic, Nexis is here to look after all of your tax time obligations as normal. Better yet, we can do everything for you online, from start to finish.
Tax time is almost upon us
The ATO has implemented some support measures to assist those affected by the COVID-19 crisis, including:
- Deferring the payment of tax amounts by up to 6 months;
- Allowing a switch to monthly reporting cycle to receive refunds on a monthly basis;
- PAYG instalments can be varied to zero, allowing you to receive a refund of tax instalments paid for the September 2019 and December 2019 quarters;
- Remittance of all interest and penalties for businesses accrued after 23 January 2020; and
- Allowing affected businesses to enter low-interest payment plans for all existing and ongoing liabilities.
It is vital that you stay on top of your bookkeeping and tax obligations, as this is a requirement of the majority of the Government disputed stimulus payments. It is also a prerequisite for accessing finance.
Moving everything online
Ensuring the health and safety of our staff and clients during this difficult time is our top priority. As per the World Health Organisation and government recommendations (both local and federal). You may have already heard that our office is currently practising social distancing and we have a number of our team working from home.
This will not impact our ability to lodge your tax returns, Business Activity Statements, or to fulfil any of our other business advisory services. We can receive your information electronically; communicate with you directly over the phone or a video conference; as well as send your return back via email, that can be signed electronically.
In simple terms, we can look after all of your tax requirements from start-to-finish, 100% online!
During this difficult time, we know that communication is key. Our team is here to support you in any way that we can. Whether you require additional business advice, support in submitting documentation to the ATO, or to simply walk you through using newer communication systems like Zoom.
If you require assistance in fulfilling you ATO related obligations, or otherwise – reach out to the team today.