Senior Accountant (Brisbane)
Nexis Accountants & Business Advisors are seeking an experienced and exceptional individual for the position of full time Senior Accountant for our new scenic Brisbane office located in Milton.
Our new office overlooks the Brisbane River, is close to public transport yet offers a range of affordable parking options. This role is a unique opportunity which will see you work closely with the Director to grow the clientele in the Brisbane office.
At Nexis, we pride ourselves on our proactive, professional and enthusiastic team, who are dedicated to delivering premium service and quality work to our valued clients. That said, we also know how to have fun and enjoy regular team building events and functions. Our culture is important to us so we are looking for a friendly individual who is a team player with a can-do attitude and client-centric focus.
As an employee at Nexis, you are not lost in a large firm. This is your chance to work within a team that is dedicated to your development. Utilise and develop your skillset and be encouraged to identify innovative ways to help improve the business of our clients’.
What we can offer you:
- A fun and supportive culture; a great team to be part of!
- Work within a team dedicated to your development and career advancement;
- Receive a competitive salary and be rewarded in our performance-based incentive scheme; and
- Be challenged with regular professional development both individually and as part of our team.
What your new role will involve:
- Preparing financial statements and tax returns for a diverse range of clients including Companies, Superannuation Funds, Trusts, Partnerships and Individuals;
- Preparation of Accounts and associated work-papers, preparation of statutory returns, including BAS, IAS and FBT;
- Working closely with Managers and Partners and the wider team across both Canberra and Brisbane offices;
- Researching and interpreting Tax legislation;
- Assisting Managers and Partners with business advisory engagements; and
- Managing a portfolio of clients – autonomously liaising directly with clients and being the main point of contact for client queries.
What our ideal candidate will offer us:
- CA or CPA qualifications or near completion;
- Demonstrated client management experience with a strong focus on proactive communication;
- Demonstrated experience working closely with team members in dispersed and/or remote locations and teams;
- 3+ years of experience in a professional services firm including demonstrated capability in meeting Key Performance indicators (KPI), set budgets and project timelines;
- Up to date knowledge of taxation legislation;
- Professionally driven, takes initiative and is client focused;
- Strong IT skillset;
- Team player.
If this appeals to you and you feel you have the required skills and attributes, please complete the form on this page including your resume and cover letter outlining your current role and goals. Please note that due to the interest that we received for our job advertisements unsuccessful applicants may not be able to be contacted.
Book an appointment in Brisbane
Talk to our friendly team today about all your accounting and business needs.