Work with us
Benefits of working at Nexis
Nexis Accountants and Business Advisors are the link to growth for our clients and your career.
As one of our newest links to growth, you will be joining us at an exciting time as we grow and seamlessly deliver our services to clients across our ACT and QLD offices.
This is your chance to work within a team committed to your growth:
- We are a values-driven, high-performing, friendly and supportive culture who value hard work and reward people on merit
- We pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our clients and a commitment to quality in all we do
- Work within a team dedicated to your further development and career advancement
- Receive a competitive salary and be rewarded in our performance based incentive scheme
- Be challenged and stretched by the interesting and absorbing work we do in service of our clients
- Join a great team with a fun and supportive culture
- Plenty of variety: work with a range of clients across interesting industries with different business structures
- EAP and other support for health and wellbeing
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace
We currently have the following vacancies:
- Client Team Administrator / Administration Assistant (Canberra)
- Senior Accountant (Canberra and Brisbane)
- Graduate Trainee Accountant (Canberra and Brisbane)
- Bookkeeper (Canberra)
Looking for a different role?
As our firm continues to grow and change so do our needs and we love to hear from accountants and bookkeepers seeking to work in high performing firms like ours.
If you’re not ready to join our team yet but would like to start a conversation around what you can bring to the firm please use our form above to get in touch.
Job Vacancies at Nexis
Job status: Part-time (can suit school hours)
We are looking for a part-time Receptionist to work in our office in Canberra.
This is primarily a reception role with some additional administrative duties to assist the smooth running of the office.
This is a role where you will never be bored, and where you will be a critical part of our brand as the voice and face of Nexis to our clients.
Outside of front of house duties, such as hosting clients and handling the switchboard, you will be a part of our Client Delivery Team which manages tasks as varied as processing clients ATO letters, shared mailboxes, general record keeping, firmwide diary management, supporting projects, and ad-hoc liaison with clients, suppliers and other Nexis team members in Queensland.
Ideally, you will have been in a similar role with at least 1 year of reception experience including hosting clients. A previous similar role within an accounting or other professional services firm will be viewed favourably.
You will be:
- Year 12 educated and have Australian citizenship or permanent residency, with 2 or more years of working experience within an office environment.
- An excellent communicator on the telephone and able to work a switchboard.
- Friendly and approachable, with good IT skills
- Highly organised and naturally collaborative.
- Outcome focused when handling tasks, with a strong work ethic and an ability to take initiative, priding yourself on the quality of your work.
- Highly discreet and you relish doing a great job by managing your time well with your proven ability to manage a busy and varied workload.
- Exposure to accounting software such as Xero and MS Office, with good typing skills, will be highly valued.
How to apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Client Team Administrator / Administration Assistant
Job status: Full-time
This role is part of the Client Delivery Team. The Client Team Administrator provides key administrative support for two directors and five busy Nexis accountancy, tax consulting and bookkeeping teams.
A key deliverable is the timely delivery of the director’s and client teams’ daily tasks that support client engagements and that play a key role in the firm’s essential compliance projects.
Daily duties range from ensuring tax returns are lodged on time to the ATO, through to managing queries from customers and acting as an internal resource to ensuing that workflow is running smoothly.
The role has multiple client contact duties and deals directly with external agencies such as the Australian Taxation Office, with many tasks directly chargeable to clients.
- Year 12 educated and must have Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
- Sound, provable experience, ideally gained in a professional office or accounting practice environment:
- 3+ years of experience working in an accounting practice in a similar role; or
- 5+ years of administration experience within a professional office including supporting a busy team of internal stakeholders with regular external liaison.
- Comfortable with (and experienced in) dealing with clients and managers.
- Comfortable dealing with a variety of internal and external stakeholders using various IT systems and applications to meet their needs.
- Sound advanced user-knowledge of MS Office.
- Xero and XPM experience especially welcome.
- Ability to build and maintain professional internal and client relationships.
- Exceptional written and communication skills.
- Highly organised with ability to manage a workload of multiple processing and administrative jobs simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Professionally driven and client focused.
- An understanding of project management practice also very welcome.
How to apply
This is an urgent hire so If this appeals to you and you feel you have the required skills and attributes, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Location: Canberra and Brisbane
Job status: Full-time
Providing taxation, accounting & business compliance services for a variety of clients of varying size, industry, and entity type. This role includes, but is not limited to, preparation of Income Tax Returns, Fringe Benefit Tax Returns, Interpretation of Taxation Law and Accounting Standards, Special Purpose Financial Statements, Business Performance Analysis, Special Purpose and Acquittal Reporting for Charities and Not-for-Profits, Activity Statements, and liaising with clients and external stakeholders.
As a senior accountant you will have an excellent level of technical competence and a strong work ethic; understanding that work needs to be completed accurately, efficiently, and on time. You will work well in a team, be a great communicator, and pride yourself on your organisational skills and attention to detail.
You will also have the following:
- Minimum 4 years accounting experience in business services;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to build great rapport with staff and clients alike;
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and ability to adhere to externally driven deadlines (by the ATO), and internally driven deadlines (by stakeholders);
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, problem solve, and take initiative;
- Ability to prioritise your work given time and budget deadlines;
- Ability to demonstrate ownership of your duties and client tasks, exhibiting a high level of attention to detail and accuracy and, crucially, an ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks;
- Experience with or exposure to the direct involvement in the affairs of clients;
- Passion for growth and learning, ability and/or open-mindedness to grow their technical and soft skills as well as mentor younger/more junior staff
- Technical skills:
- Strong knowledge of Australian Income tax laws and legislations
- Experience with the preparation of financial statements and income tax returns for individuals, companies, trusts, and partnerships, Div7A issues, FBT, GST, and CGT
- Experience with Xero or an understanding of the software, including the ability to prepare financial statements, as well as assist our clients using Xero.
- Experience with SMSFs is favourable but not essential – ability to prepare financial statements and tax returns for Self-Managed Superannuation Funds
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Qualification in Accounting
- CA Qualified, or near completion your CA program
Benefits and Culture
- Full time hours 8:30am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
- Opportunities for development and input – Innovation and staying ahead of the curve are key to our growing firm
- Training and support to become an even more outstanding accountant.
- Friendly and enthusiastic team – you’ll be well supported throughout your training and beyond, as we understand the importance of all pitching in to help each other out.
- Monthly and quarterly team-building events – we believe having a fun workplace and a good dynamic is vital.
- Ongoing and open communication within and across the firm – we believe in an open door policy where everyone is continuously supporting and learning from each other.
- A commitment to diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Support to meet your ongoing CPD requirements.
- CA/CPA membership fees paid on your behalf.
We truly believe this is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate.
How to apply
Apply directly through Seek. Include in your application your resume and a supporting cover letter providing a bit of insight about yourself such as:
- What you’re looking for in an employer
- Why you chose a career in accounting
- Why you would like a job with our firm and why you think you will fit in with our team and culture
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted and only applications through Seek will be considered.
Remuneration will be dependent on your skill level and experience.
Job status: Full-time
At Nexis we offer more than traditional bookkeeping and accounting services. We genuinely partner with our clients on each step of their journey to financial success.
Due to increasing demand for our comprehensive, commercial, and client-focused services, our bookkeeping team is growing and urgently needs a talented and 2 + years experienced full-time Bookkeeper to join us working from our offices in Canberra.
You will provide a premium service to our valued clients in a supportive team environment.
- Year 12 educated and must have Australian citizenship or permanent residency
- 2+ years of bookkeeping experience with sound experience, ideally gained in a professional office or accounting practice environment
- Comfortable with (and experienced in) dealing with clients and willing, on occasion, to travel to their premises
- Comfortable dealing with a variety of internal and external stakeholders using IT systems to meet their needs
- Sound advanced user-knowledge of Xero and MYOB
- Demonstrated experience in preparing payroll, PAYG and BAS
- Ability to build and maintain professional client relationships
- Highly organised with ability to manage the workload of multiple clients simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Professionally driven and client focused
- Exceptional problem-solving ability
- Exceptional IT skillset including the understanding of automation processes
Graduate Trainee Accountants
Location: Canberra and Brisbane
Job status: Full-time
Fast track your personal, professional and career development with the Nexis Graduate Accountant Development Program. Here at Nexis, we hire and grow the very best talent to share our success and achieve our mission together.
Seize the opportunity of a lifetime
Are you about to (or have recently) graduated in a degree that meets the entry requirements for the Chartered Accountants Program?
- A passion for business and numbers?
- Excellent academic results?
- Good people skills?
- A burning desire to have a career in accountancy and professional practice?
- Interests and networks outside of academic study?
If this sounds like you then we need to talk!
The Nexis Graduate Accountant Development Program
A structured 2-year development program designed to accelerate your accountancy career and route to a leadership role with us.
- Funded and paid study leave
- Structured rotations working with our bookkeeping, accounting, and advisory teams
- Mentoring from (and quality face time) with Partners
- Exposure to a range of clients across interesting industries with different business structures
- Develop your technical and soft skills capability
- Regular check-ins and ongoing support through on-line management tools
- As much responsibility as you are able to handle
- A guaranteed role at Nexis and further career development on successful completion of the program
To attract the best, we offer above market pay and defined salary rises as you progress through qualification and the program.
- Professional development and career advancement opportunities
- A fun and supportive culture with a very active social events calendar
- Onsite parking, relaxing kitchen area including barista coffee machine and pool table
- Offices close to Central Canberra’s vast cafe and restaurant zone
Explain to us in no more than 1000 words why you would want a career in a professional accounting practice and why this opportunity attracts you.
Successful candidates will be chosen through an interview process that includes on-site testing and assessment.
Get in touch with Nexis
Talk to our friendly team today about all your tax needs.