ACT Government Vouchers – Are you eligible?
After a similar announcement in NSW for $25 vouchers (and a similar scheme in Darwin); the ACT government has announced a stimulus package for local businesses.
There will be an initial trial which will commence Wednesday 9 December 2020. This project gives participating Canberrans $40 per day in vouchers. The total budget allocated to this project is estimated to be $2.5M.
Guidelines for those wishing to take advantage of these vouchers
There are limits on individuals using the vouchers within the same business and the vouchers:
- will be issued online and expire daily
- generally allow for 20% off the total bill (up to $80 to be paid by ACT Government), and
- cannot be used on tobacco, gambling or alcohol.
Conditions for businesses who wish to participate
To be part of the scheme, the business must:
- be registered
- have a physical shopfront
- have been receiving JobKeeper at some point this year
- be in the retail, tourism, accommodation, arts, recreation, personal services, or hospitality industries; and
- have less than $10M annual turnover.
So how do I sign up?
For further details and sign-up click here: https://choosecbr.act.gov.au/