The Australian Securities and Investments Commission has implemented a new legal requirement for all company directors to hold a Director ID.
Each director must only apply for one director ID, even if you are a director of multiple companies.
When you must apply for your Director ID depends on the date you come a director.
|The date you become a director||The date you must apply|
|On or before 31 October 2021||By 30 November 2022|
|Between 1 November 2021 and 4 April 2022||Within 28 days of appointment|
|From 5 April 2022||Before appointment|
We have provided an in-depth video demonstration below of how to apply.
- Visit this link and click the button: “How to apply for your Director ID”. Follow the link to the Australian Business Registry Service.
- If you have not already set up your myGovID, follow the link provided under “Step 1 – Set up myGovID”.
- Once your myGovID is set up you must provide:
- Your tax file number
- Residential address as held by the ATO
- At least two forms of ID
To find which identification documents are valid check the list under “Step 2 – Gather your documents”.
- The final step is to apply for your Director ID by following the prompts under “Step 3 – Complete your application”.
Watch our video for a step-by-step of the application process.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.