Were you left unsatisfied with your accountant after this year’s tax time?
- Was your tax return not quite what you were expecting?
- Has your business grown/evolved but your accountant’s approach hasn’t grown and evolved with it?
- Was your accounting firm once great, but with staff comings and goings, you don’t get the same level of dedication to your accounts as you used to?
It might be time for a new accountant.
In an ever-changing and evolving industry, your accountant should proactively support you in accounting, bookkeeping, and tax while identifying day to day savings.
A new perspective
A great accountant will have the ability to see your business from a holistic perspective and anticipate opportunities and issues before they arise. Their experience and knowledge will help you identify blind spots in your business and offer support that’s designed for you in areas including accounting and bookkeeping, business planning and mentoring, business systems, insurances, technology, automation, and even restructuring.
Up to date software
There are many accounting software programs on the market, so it’s important your accountant is up to date with a range of software so they can match with the best software for you (and your business). A new accountant can review your existing records with whatever software you currently have or can set you up correctly from the start with new software.
Running a business and keeping all your business affairs in check can be time-consuming. Having access to chartered accountants, business advisors and bookkeepers under one roof means you have access to a complete suite of services. When your accountants have a holistic view of your business your financial, accounting and tax related questions can be responded to quickly. You’ll have the peace of mind that your bigger financial goals are being considered by your accounting team.
At Nexis, your accounting questions can be responded to quickly and you’ll know your bigger business goals are being considered by your accounting team. This process drives better identification of tax concessions, meaning less paperwork at tax time because you are prepared all year round.
It’s easy to make the switch
Switching accountants doesn’t have to be daunting! Nexis will make it easy for you, with our simple five step process to switch accountants.
- We send your old accountant (if applicable) an ethical clearance letter to ensure no debts are owed and there are no ethical concerns/issues with us taking you on as a client. We arrange for any records held by that accountant to be transferred to us.
- We receive clearance from the other accountant and/or iron out any issues regarding timing, work in progress, outstanding fees, or ethical concerns.
- We provide you with our new client forms to provide us with relevant information required to be your new accountant, including authorisation to act on your behalf as your tax agent.
- We transfer any relevant accounting/bookkeeping software registration from the old accountant to our firm.
- We can prepare engagement(s) letters to formally accept you and agree on services, scope of work, etc.
If you are looking for a new accountant, contact us for a chat about how we can help.