RestructuringOur Services: For Businesses
Irrelevant the reason, we can support you with a corporate restructure
There is a range of reasons why business need to restructure their company. Corporate restructuring can be driven by a need for change in the organisational structure, business model or the need to make financial adjustments to its assets and liabilities. Or all of the above.
Common reasons to restructure
- Change in management – a business partner might be added or want to exit. If taking one on, you might need to move from a sole trader to a partnership structure.
- Change in ownership – If you buy an existing business, you may decide to change the business structure because you have different business goals to the previous owner.
- Financial reasons to improve cash flow or profitability of the business.
- Operational reasons such as reorganising internal structures such as sales and marketing, to improve the way your business operates.
- Business growth – expanding overseas or product offering might drive a restructure to accommodate this growth.
- Economic downturn or downsizing – e.g. moving from a company to sole trader.
Each business structure has different legal, tax and compliance obligations. Before changing we can help you understand some of the differences. We have built a network of trusted professionals that we use ourselves, across a range of industries and professional services, so contact us if you like a referral to our preferred legal advisors for legal advice on business structures.
Get in touch with Nexis
Talk to our friendly team today about all your tax needs.